Friday, September 21, 2007

Jessica Alba


From a Never Been Kissed, Honey to Dark Angel and Sin City, Jessica Alba is one of the most watched actresses of 2006. Not too bad for a young woman under 30.


Jessica was born in California in April, 1981. Her family moved to Mississippi, returned to California, moved to Texas then made a final return to Southern California. All the shuffling was due to her father’s Air Force career. When the family did settle down in Southern California, Jessica was 9 years old.

At various times during her childhood, Jessica wore braces and was pigeon-toed. She suffered from asthma and motion sickness, which she still has bouts of.

She fell in love with acting at the age of five though she didn’t start acting classes until her pre-teen age of 12. She starred in two commercials at a young age, one for Nintendo and another for J.C. Penny. By 16, she’d graduated high school and a Hollywood agent picked her up. She landed a role in The Secret world of Alex Mack in 1994 and her career took off.

In 1994, she appeared in her first full-length movie, Camp Nowhere. Since then, she’s starred in other movies, averaging about one per year. She appeared in Never Been Kissed, a romantic comedy starring Drew Barrymore in 1999; played and aspiring dancer in Honey and starred in Fantastic Four as Invisible Woman.


Jessica is also familiar with the small screen. As the star of Dark Angel for it’s two running seasons, Alba played a genetically-engineered soldier under the direction of James Cameron. She was nominated for a Golden Globe award for “Lead Actress in a Drama Series” for her role. She also hosted the 2006 MTV Movie Awards, including spoofs on King Kong, Mission Impossible 3, and The DaVinci Code.

Always a Jane of all trades, Alba has appeared over 100 times in magazines, including Allure, People, Rolling Stone, Maxim and her controversial appearance on Playboy. The fully-clothed photo in Playboy was used without her consent and she eventually brought a lawsuit against the publisher. The lawsuit was dropped, however, after Hugh Heffner, Playboy’s founder, issued an apology and donated money to two of Alba’s favorite charities.

In the midst of her success, Jessica admitted to being anorexic in 2001 and suffered a kidney infection the same year. Around the same time, she became engaged to Michael Weatherly, her Dark Angel co-star but it was called off. Then, in 2005, she began dating a director’s assistant on the set of Fantastic Four. Cash Warren has since proposed to the actress.

Jessica comes from a conservative family of mixed Mexican, Danish and French descent. She has stated in a number of interviews that she still has a nudity clause in her contrast and to date has only appeared topless in a single movie, Sin City. She also looks forward to having children one day, as she comes from a large extended family. She has only one sibling, though, a younger brother.

Though conservative herself, Alba admits to a a tattoo of a daisy with a ladybird on it on the back of her neck, a butterfly on her lower back, and a symbol for lotus flower on her wrist.

Besides her nomination for her part on Dark Angel, Miss Alba has been nominated for a not-so-flattering film award – twice. During the 26th annual Razzie Awards, she was nominated as "Worst Actress" for both Fantastic Four and Into the Blue.



Jessica Alba Latest News:

Alba had annoyed her parents

The Sin City actress Jessica Alba had annoyed her parents and spoiled relationship with them at the age of 20 when she decided to get engaged to her Dark Angel co-star, Michael Weatherly. Alba fall in love with Michael on the sets of the sci-fi drama and got engaged to him. The couple stayed together for four years after which they had a split.

Jessica, the 26 year old who loves one night stands is now dating the director’s assistant Cash Warren and says that "I don't know (why I got engaged). I was a virgin. He was 12 years older than me. I thought he knew better. "My parents weren't happy. They're really religious. They believe God wouldn't allow The Bible to be written if it wasn't what they are supposed to be believed. I'm completely different."

Alba’s caring attitude

The ‘Sin City’ actress Jessica Alba has revealed her philanthropic side. She has shown that she lives upto the two supposed characteristic traits of women- care and concern.

Alba always keeps a first aid kit with her and is prepared for any emergency. She is the first one to take care whenever anyone gets injured or falls sick on the sets. She looks after the wound and wounded the sick as well as the sickness. And what more, the ‘Fantastic Four’ actress says that she loves doing this. "Whenever someone was sick on the set, I was the first one to take care of them. It makes me happy to look after people," says Alba.

Jessica Alba enjoys sex with no-strings

The Sin city actress, Jessica Alba is quite passionate about sex and believes that there is no harm in doing sex without strings. Jessica boldly and happily declares that she has had many one-night stands.

The Dark Angels star told the US Cosmo that “I just wanted to see what it was like to be with different people.” She adds “I don’t think that a girl is a slut if she enjoys sex.”

The 26 year old Jessica takes each day as it comes. She is not one of those people who would sit through coffee and croissants and maintain an uncomfortable silence the whole day, thinking and sulking.

Jessica says “I am the kind of girl who looks over in the morning and is like, “Do you really have to be here?” she adds that “I don’t need to cuddle and do all that stuff because I know what it is and I don’t try to make it more.”

Well, Jessica you are simply ‘Fantastic’ in your guts and carefree attitude.

Jessica Alba’s uncomfortable costume

The Sin City actress, Jessica Alba tells that she is extremely fond of playing roles like that of the Invisible Woman in Fantastic Four. But what this ravishing blonde despises is the slinky costumes that she had to wear. The 26 year old Alba claims that “It was like wearing pantyhose all over- very tight and extremely uncomfortable.”

Jessica also reveals that the wonderful shape she flaunts in the movie is not because of merely working out. She says “It all down to Spanx and padded bra!”

But still Alba does not want to become invisible in these embarrassing moments with an uncomfy costume. She says “I have never wished I was invisible because embarrassing moments define you.”

Jessica Alba may contemplate plastic surgery in later age


The Fantastic Four star, Jessica Alba is not against her undergoing plastic surgery in an older age. Though Alba does not want to come under surgeon’s knife as long as possible but if her looks fade, she would definitely go for a cosmetic surgery.

Jessica told the Elle magazine “As an actress, you express emotion with your face and if you have plastic surgery, you lose that spark. I am not going to say never for sure, though. I don’t know if, for example, having babies will stretch my stomach beyond what is acceptable. People usually look better without surgery- my grandmother ages very gracefully.”

The Sin City actress also declared that she has a fondness for curvy women. She said “I love Kate Winslet, she has a beautiful body, as does Monica Bellucci. Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Biel, Scarlett Johansson - there are so many gorgeous girls out there.”

Jessica Alba doesn’t find herself ‘sexy’

The hot Hollywood actress Jessica Alba who is apple of a million people’s eyes, does not find herself sexy. Perhaps Jessica alone is the one who is not impressed by her looks. Alba claims that though she has been voted to be one of the sexiest women in the world, yet she does not see herself as a sex symbol. In fact, Alba feels that she looks ordinary on most of the days. To a US magazine Alba says that “I don’t really pay attention to all that. It’s only when people start to treat me like one that it really freaks me out. Most days, I wake up and look in the mirror and go, ‘Ugh.’ I don’t really think I look all that great.” Alba also said that the only reason for her to appear in the papers is to promote any of her films.

What Alba thinks men like

Jessica Alba, the slender and beautiful Hollywood babe believes that men prefer blondes over brunettes. This is the reason that this versatile actress dyed her hair blonde for hit films ‘Fantastic Four’ and ‘Sin City’. And according to Jessica she garnered incredible attention after doing this.

Jessica tells the Elle Magazine that “people pay attention to blondes far more than they do to brunettes.” She added “I definitely got checked out three times for every once I do with my regular hair colour.”

The big screen beauty does not prefer men drooling over her or her playing sexual roles. She said "A lot of young women push to be tarts more than maternal figures. My character in 'Fantastic Four', Sue Storm, is young but she takes care of the boys and keeps her family together. I also like that she's intelligent.” Jessica added that "A lot of comic book women are damsels in distress or evil rather than heroes, and they're usually sexed up. Being objectified like that is not something I'll ever get used to. It's fun to play the role, and I know that its pure fantasy, but I still get anxious."

Jessica Alba's too hot

Jessica Alba feels that she is too hot for Hollywood. The sexy model feels that her current performances in films will enable the viewers as well as the producers to see beyond her looks and recognize her talents.

Recently Jessica Alba has shown some good work in the new ‘Fantastic Four’ film, the comedy movie ‘Bill and Good Luck Chuck’, drama ‘Awake’ and the horror film ‘The Eye’.

Jessica told to the GQ that “I hope all my new work will help producers in getting past my hotness.” She added “right now, I am just exploring what my contribution to this business is- other than wearing a bikni and getting caught by the paparazzi.”

Jessica also says that “I try not to make the headlines [using my looks]. I'm self-conscious about this. I try to not make my presence known. I have my own fashion style and do not try to fit in. I don't have my breasts under my chin, I'm not showing butt cheeks, nor much legs. I don't go for the trendiest look.”

Jessica Alba has something to say

With half a dozen films releasing this year, the actress Jessica Alba has certainly caught the media attention. Labeled as one of the most attractive women of the world, Jessica is also known for speaking her mind. The javno.com reports some of her sensational quotes. For instance when asked about ‘men and cameras’, Jessica said “when you see the camera right here, you are like, ‘Uh, that’s my crotch…I am going to stand over here.’ You know? Cameramen are just horny sometimes.

Regarding her sex appeal through clothes, the sexy Jessica said that “Right now, I’m just exploring what my contribution to this business is—other than wearing a bikini and getting caught by the paparazzi.”

When asked about her being clumsy, Jessica’s words were “I fell so many times on The Eye; the crew there would get embarrassed for me. When I first met [co-star] Alessandro [Nivola], I fell down the stairs. And then on “Fantastic Four”, I would always twist my ankle and fall down completely. It’s just frustrating, always hurting yourself. For “Dark Angel”, Jim Cameron actually made me do gymnastics and dance training so I could be more coordinated.”

The secret behind Jessica Alba dressing down

The charismatic actress Jessica Alba tells to media the reason behind her dressing down. According to her the dress down factor is due to stay away from making the newspaper headlines while appearing for movie premieres. The sexy actress who has been crowned the sexiest actress by the famous FHM magazine says to the timesof India newspaper that she has her own way to evade attention and that she does not try to fit in. in her words “I try not to make headlines. I am self conscious about this. I try to make my presence not known. I have my own fashion style and do not try to fit in”.

Alba also claimed that she does not try to present herself as sexy or expose her curvy figure much. She also tries to stay away from sporting a trendy look. She told “I don’t have my breasts under my chin. I am not showing my butt cheeks, not much legs. I don’t go for the trendiest look.”


Jessica Alba live at Take 40.com

Hosted by the famous celebrity Andrew G, the Take 40 Live Lounge on May 3, 2007 was a remarkable event because it had a live webcast interview with the cast of ‘Fantastic Four: The of the Silver Surfer’. The group of the Take 40 VIPS added to the glory of the show. The star studded night saw the actors Jessica Alba, Michael Chiklis, Chris vans and Loan Gruffudd in great form as they were being interviewed by Andrew G about their movie.

At the show Jessica told that she had spent the last couple of days by celebrating her birthday by rocking out at the Coachella alternative music festival in California.

For those who wish to see the sexy Alba live, log on to take40.com and see the magic.

Jessica Alba crowned the Sexiest Actress

The hot and glamorous Jessica Simpson has another laurel to her name. The world famous brand of lingeries, Victoria’s Secret has declared that Jessica Alba is the “Sexiest Actress”. According to them, Jessica is the perfect answer to the question “what or who is sexy?" The sexiest actor, as Victoria’s Secret found out is Eric Dane of ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. The attribute of ‘sexy’ is also predicated to the singer ‘Justin Timberlake’. He is announced as the sexiest male musician. The American idol winner ‘Carrie Underwood’ won the female sexiest musician title. The well known celebrity in the game of soccer, David Beckham received the ‘sexiest dad’ honor. The renowned star ‘Kate Hudson’ bagged the title of ‘sexiest mom’.

Jessica Alba in a ‘kissing’ issue

It has been reported by media that the one of the queens of glamour world, Jessica Alba loves making film bosses “kiss her a**”.

According to the Sin City actress she really wants that the casting bosses who have turned her down should regret for their mistake. She told to the Britain’s OK! Magazine that ““We try so hard at auditions and are rejected so often, so when you get to the point where you can actually get those same people to kiss you’re a**, it’s really great!”

Nowadays Jessica is flooded with work offers but she is being selective. She turns down the roles she does not like. Jessica says ““Do you know what I like? Turning roles down! I think that’s my favorite thing. I’m not a snob, but I do love turning jobs down.”

Jessica Alba to be seen as a Blind Violinist

The Californian Dark Angel in Sin City, the actress who has Never Been Kissed, Jessica Alba, has researched for herself the role of a blind violinist in her upcoming movie ‘The Eye’. The movie is produced by the renowned actor Tom Cruise and will hit the box office in 2008. It will be filmed in Albuquerque, New Mexico. One of the most watched actresses of the last year (2006) will star as Allison, a young woman who gets the power to see dead people after getting a cornea transplant. The hostess of 2006 MTV Movie Awards, Jessica says that “I have been training. I war a sleep mask and carry a cane to get around with”. She adds that “I have also been practicing the violin- its hard! It took me three months to figure it out!”

Whether the handsome hunk Tom Cruise will be seen in the movie, is not yet confirmed. But it is thought that the “Lead Actress in the Drama Series” will certainly add to her glory with this exclusive appearance.

No comments: